Housing Development Board - Tips for Home Owners Planning for a Renovation

Planning for a home renovation? The first thing you have to do is to visit the website of the Housing Development Board of Singapore and check who are the registered renovation contractors who can do the work for you. You cannot just hire any contractors you want, they have to be certified by HDB for them to do any type of renovation works.

The renovation contractor you will hire is the one who will apply for permit from HDB.  Once the permit is out, the renovation contractor must display the Notice of Renovation Work outside your flat until the renovation work is done.

Aside from this, the renovation contractor also needs to inform your neighbors at least 3 days before the actual work starts about the renovation works that will be done to your flat. They can send the notice to the surrounding flats or they can directly pass it to the owners of the affected flats.

And being the owner of the flat, you always have to make sure that the work of your renovation contractor is according to HB’s requirements.